French bread is a sandwich, but it isn’t a sandwich made from bread.
It’s a sandwich that you can make for lunch.
And that’s because you don’t need a lot of ingredients to make a French bread sandwich.
In fact, you don, too.
What you’ll need to make french bread: 1 bag (6 ounces) baguette or a loaf of French bread (such as French Toast or French Toast with cheese) 3 tablespoons olive oil 1 cup grated parmesan cheese 1/4 cup grating Parmesan cheese (or 1/2 cup grilling cheese) 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese 1 cup sliced ham 1/3 cup sliced green pepper (or 2-3 slices) 3/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste Directions: Preheat oven to 350°F.
Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, mix together the bread, olive oil, Parmesan, parmesans, cheese, and grilling salt.
Spread evenly over the prepared baking sheets.
Bake for about 30 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Cool on the baking sheets for 10 minutes.
To serve: Top each baguettes with a slice of bread and a drizzle of olive oil.
Top each bread slice with a generous dollop of grated cheese.
Spread the remaining 1/8 teaspoon of salt on the baguetas and drizzle a little olive oil over it.
Top with another slice of grating cheese.
Sprinkle with more grated Parmesan and a dollop more cheese on top.
Sprout your favorite toppings, like grilled peppers, green peppers, and onions.
Bake, let rest for 10-15 minutes, then slice and serve.
Recipe Notes: Use the following ratios for your French bread: 3/8 cup bread, 1/16 cup griddle-baked bread, and 1/6 cup griddled bread.
Nutrition Facts French Bread Recipe Amount Per Serving Calories 210 Calories from Fat 180 % Daily Value* Total Fat 18g 31% Saturated Fat 8g 45% Cholesterol 120mg 46% Sodium 710mg 28% Potassium 471mg 13% Total Carbohydrates 12g 3% Dietary Fiber 4g 16% Sugars 3g Protein 9g 12% Vitamin A 14.7% Vitamin C 16.2% Calcium 2.1% Iron 4.2%,* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Recipe by Melissa Zink.